Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Hop, Skip & a Jump

For any of you who have had the experience of being around me for the last couple of weeks, you know that I have been in a bit of a funk, you might say. I would like to take a moment to apologize for my periodic emotional outbursts, especially the one that occurred after the death of my Beta fish, Neville. May he rest in peace.

But it is as a result of this recent slump that I was inspired to make a change in my life. I realized there was something significant missing from my day-to-day activities, so I decided to try to change that.

I am not going to go into a lot of specific details, but the important thing to know is that it’s working! I decided to do something, and I am doing it.

I will share this part with you because I am going to recommend it to all you ladies out there: read the book Captivating. My roommate and all-time bestie (the one who caught the brunt of the basket-case edition of yours truly and deserves and tremendous “MERCI”) and I are reading the book together and discussing it. I have read it before, but I think it is one of those books you can re-read at any point in your life and take something valuable away from it.

So in the last few days I have learned some valuable things about women and why we are the way we are (something many people thought they would NEVER figure out). I have also found myself smiling and laughing and jumping and dancing more than I would have thought possible a few days ago, at the height of my funk when I found myself flushing a fish down a toilet. I think this is because I have faith again, something I had lost for so long. I can see that there are good things ahead for me; God has promised me that, and it is something I am very excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment