Sunday, September 30, 2012

Run a 5K: Check

        For over a year now I have wanted to run a 5K.  My mom and I trained in the summer of 2011 for one on July 4th.  But the Florida heat caused us to tuck our tails and not run.  I seriously have no idea how any one did.  It was honestly sweltering. 

            But yesterday I finally did it.  I ran the Color Me Rad 5K with some pretty amazing people.  I hadn’t really trained like I should have.  I just couldn’t always find the motivation after spending ten hours a day with 25 five-year olds.  Most days I was just too tired.  But I managed to get enough practice in to power through the full race.  I am actually pretty proud of the accomplishment, especially since it was on my bucket list (see Life’s Ambitions). 

            
I’m slowly etching away at a few of the things listed.  I finally saw a Taylor Swift concert last year, and although my writing has slowed down recently, I finally feel like people out there are reading it.  It’s a pretty incredible feeling to be able to check things off a list you have made for your life.  But what’s even more inspiring are the people in my life who are motivating me to do these things.  The people who are surrounding me right now are truly amazing.  Truly inspiring.  And, quite honestly, they are worth keeping around for the long haul. 



No comments:

Post a Comment