Saturday, March 23, 2013

Having Time


One of the best perks of being a teacher are the breaks that come around every three months or so.  It just so happens that I am currently on spring break.  But, it also happens, that this spring break is not at all what I expected it to be.  As a Florida girl, I am used to my springs starting in February and my summers in March, but this year has really thrown me for a loop.  My first day of spring break found me in nap-mode on the couch double dipping in March Madness and Harry Potter.  This was mostly due to the raging thunderstorm happening outside.  The forecast for tomorrow doesn’t look much better.  And the next week, well, it’s supposed to be cold.  So, I had to come up with other things to occupy my vacation-moded mind. 

When Harry Potter was not on the television today, I was on Pinterest.  This led me to revisit my favorite blogs that I never have adequate time to peruse.  Which led me to inspiration.  It never ceases to amaze me how when I finally have time, when my mind finally stops reeling with the work-related, it starts reeling with all the other bouncing, beautiful thoughts that make me want to grab a pen write until my hand falls off.   I feel like I finally have the time to be creative…to make things, organize things, read things, write things…to finally, finally be the truest form of myself.

Basically, this is why I write so much more during the summer.  Because I have time.  Because my mind reverts into it’s relaxed and creative form.  I am no longer in get-it-done mode.  I can finally think about the things that make me think.  I have time to explore and read and be inspired.  So, here’s to a week of inspiration.  I wonder where the chilly Florida days will take me…

No comments:

Post a Comment