Sunday, May 12, 2013

10 Things I've Learned From My Mom


In honor of Mother’s Day I decided it was time for another 10 things post.  Today, obviously, 10 things I’ve learned from my mom…


1.  The importance of an every day call home to check in…several times.  If I don't remember to complete this task on my own, my mom will remind me.  A morning never goes by when I don't have a "good morning" text within the first hour and a half of my day.  

2.  Lipstick is that important.  My whole life people have made fun of me for my lipstick application.  But my mom is right, it makes all the difference.  

3.  You’re never too old to chase your dreams.  New dreams, old dreams, it doesn't matter.  Chase them.

4.  There is nothing wrong with coming home from a long day at work and changing right into your PJs. And if there is something wrong with it, we don't want to know.  Right, mom?

5.  Never underestimate the power of a Diet Coke.  Not Pepsi.  Coke.

6.  Always have a plan.  And a back-up plan.  And make a list.  I'm so glad she's on my wedding planning team.  What a great MOB she is proving to be.  

7.  No distance is ever too far when someone you love needs you.  For the last seven years of my life, I've lived six hours away from my mom, but it's never felt that far.  She's always here when I need her.  

8.  Being an aunt is one of the coolest jobs in the world.  She goes above and beyond for her nieces and nephews, and they adore her for it.  I can't wait to put everything I've learned from her into action.  

9.  Beauty comes with age.  She is literally more beautiful today than she was yesterday.  I pray I look like her when I'm her young age of 35.  

10.  You can never love someone too much.  So love them.  Love people with everything you have.  For as long as you can.  And make sure they know how much you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment