Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Break From Reality

I must admit that the reason I have not updated in the last week and a half is because I have spent a very limited amount of time on the computer. It had been quite a nice break from reality. But a lot of important things have happened since last Sunday. I went back to Birmingham for four days and finished my internship. I completely broke my routine while I was there and it was wonderful. Some of the interns came over for a pizza night one night, and I went out to Botega Café with all my coworkers the night before I left. I was very sad to go, but it was time to move on to the next phase of my summer.

After a brief trip home over the weekend, I headed back to Gainesville yesterday for the rest of the summer. Since I got back I have just been settling in and hanging out with friends. I surprisingly have a long list of things to do over the next couple of weeks, not the least important of which is my date with Harry Potter tonight.

So for the next two weeks I am hanging out in Gainesville, where the heat should be illegal. There is much to be done from finishing up all the logistics of my internship so that I can get credit, to unpacking and repacking my room, to spending quality time with all the friends I have been missing. Right now I am sitting around Katie’s living room with my future roommates chatting about all the things there is to do before move-in. But no worries, I won’t be so busy that I will let another week go by before I post again. Hopefully some Harry Potter pictures for tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment