Sunday, February 27, 2011

Amazing Grace

Short weeks always seem the longest, don’t they? This week has been exhausting. Between battling the flu and 6th graders, I was easily outmatched. I left work early on Friday, only to come home and sleep until Saturday morning. Needless to say, my weekend (which I depend on so much to renew my patience and stock up on R&R for the week to come) was off to a rocky start.

However, after over a half-day of sleeping I began to slowly feel better. Saturday night brought dinner with some good friends and a truly hysterical game of Scattergories, and this morning the grace I had been begging for all week finally showed up on my doorstep.

I am reading Shauna Neiquist’s book “Bittersweet”, and I just can’t put it down. She has some poignant things to say about life and finding grace in every little moment. This morning, while sitting in Panera, I stumbled upon six-pages that I desperately needed to read about life in your twenties and what it is and what it isn’t.

Nothing really extraordinary happened today, other than the fact that I got to read an incredible book while lounging on the beach, but everywhere I looked I saw God’s grace. How lucky am I to get to have such an amazing day? So simple, yet when spent with amazing people I just can’t find anything to complain about.

There is something about lying on the beach in February that just rejuvenates the soul, and there is something about hearing your unrealized thoughts echoed back to you from the pages of a book that gives you the power to face not only tomorrow, but the unknown of many days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment