Thursday, March 31, 2011

"That's all I have to say about that"

Well another month has come and gone, and, quite frankly, I have no excuse for not writing. A few weeks ago I was able to get out of Jacksonville for a night and visit Savannah with my parents. I cannot even begin to express how rejuvinating it is to get out of town and break routine for even just a night. I had always wanted to properly explore Savannah. After all, it is a true Southern mecca: home to Paula Deen and Forrest Gump. A city where magnolia trees and Southern twangs abound, I was in Swamp Gravy heaven. I am flat out ashamed of myself for not sharing it until now. Although the details may be foggy, the photos are not, and photos are not something I have had to share in awhile...

"Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get"

The real location of the Forrest Gump bench.


Savannah is truly unique. It has the party atmosphere of New Orleans, the historic value of Boston, and the charm of the Old South. -- J. Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment