Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back & Forth


          My front porch addiction has reached an entirely new level.  This weekend my parents came to visit, and my dear, sweet daddy put together my new front porch swing.  And as if I didn’t spend enough time out here before, I think I may just camp on the swing for the rest of my existence.
            There is just something about being on a swing and being able to watch the world go by.  It seems so safe; like you can be a part of all the action but you don’t actually have to change out of your pajamas.  You get to smell the sweet flowers and feel the cool breeze, and all the while you’re just swinging.  People come and people go, and you’re just constant.  Unmoving except for the subtle back, forth, back, forth.  That’s what I love about my new porch swing: its complete lack of urgency.  There is no rush.  There is very little effort for a lot of reward.  It’s such a refreshing place to be when the rest of the world won’t slow down.  It’s such a peaceful place to just sit and watch it all go by. 
            

No comments:

Post a Comment