Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Where the Green Grass Grows


            It’s summer time, which means lots of extra time for Pretty Little Liars marathons on Netflix (FINALLY a TV show on there I actually want to watch) and Pinterest binges.  One of my favorite things to browse for on Pinterest is good quotes; quotes that make your wheels turn and give you a new perspective.  I found one that I wanted to share with you, although I am not sure who coined it so I don’t know who to give the credit to.
           
            “The grass is always greener where you water it.”

            There is a lot of truth in that statement.  Life is what you make of it.  If you are unhappy with the current state of your “lawn” so to speak, then it’s up to you to do something about it.  The answer isn’t always in the neighbor’s yard.  Sometimes it’s in the dirty fingernails and dirt-stained knees that come along with tackling that mess head on.  So if you want something to get better, the solution is never to shut your eyes and pretend it doesn’t exist.  Bust out the watering hose and water your own grass!  Besides, it is summer after all; the cool water might be just what you need to escape the heat.

1 comment:

  1. Love this quote! (I discovered it on Pinterest too) Great insight :)

    ReplyDelete