Tuesday, June 7, 2011

10 Things I've Learned from Teaching

As my first year of teaching draws to a close, I wanted to take a moment to reflect on all the things I've learned:

I've learned to drink wine. One glass and I'm utterly relaxed. Two glasses and I sleep like a baby.
I've learned the advantages of a routine, and the bliss in breaking it.
I've learned the value of prayer. Whispered prayer, shouted prayer, fervent prayer, tearful prayer. Any prayer is a good one.
I've learned that eleven is the new eighteen.
I've learned that few things are as essestial as a good night's sleep.
I've learned patience.
I've learned to live without J.Crew.
I've learned the persuasion of one piece of Laffy Taffy (except banana, it has no power).
I've learned that plans are only valid when preceded by the word "lesson".
And most importantly I've learned that even when I'm sitting on the couch by myself, there is always someone who understands me, and I am never alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment