Monday, December 31, 2012

2012: A Year in Review

As the year 2012 comes to a close, I felt it only appropriate to reflect back on all the things it brought me.  Some of these things I planned for, but most of them took me completely by surprise.  And, well, for the first time in my life, I am really really loving surprises.


In January, I kicked off the year with family in Wisconsin.  We rang in the new year in a state of utter relaxation as snow gently fell outside.  Then it was off to Atlanta to meet up with some friends for the Passion Conference where we were reminded of what was important and got refocused before getting back into the daily grind.  


In February, my mom and I met up with some family and friends in New York for a girls weekend stacked full with food, fun and fantastic Broadway shows.  




March brought spring break and my first venture to McGuires for St. Patrick's Day.  



With a twist of events in April, I decided to up and move across town into my perfect little apartment.  That's when things really started to change for me...



May was the calm before the storm of change.  With visits from my parents and explorations into my new corner of the city, it was as though life was preparing me for its take off.  




I finished my commitment to Teach for America in June.  When summer vacation kicked off I headed to Fort Worth for my cousin's wedding.  



July found me back in Jacksonville catching up with friends and starting my new job at KIPP VOICE.  I also made a Big Girl move and bought my first car!



In August, it was off to Orlando for a week of KIPP Summit and I began my year as a Kindergarten teacher.  



In September I checked something off my bucket list and ran my first 5K.  



October found me falling in love with this guy on a beach in Cocoa.  We celebrated our birthdays and flew to Kentucky, and I realized I had found a happiness with him I never even knew was possible.  



In true Florida fashion, November found us on the water soaking in the sun and relishing our new found happiness. 




December led us to many adventures: Eric Church in concert, dancing under Christmas lights, and playing in the snow.  





And this New Year's looked quite a bit different for me than the last one, or really any other before it.  Because this New Year's looked a lot like the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment